English Language Qualification Assistance with EdUkation & Immigration Solutions

Improve your English by gaining an Internationally recognised qualification. All applicants are required to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification before entering an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, such as IELTS or TOEFL. As a guideline, the minimum IELTS requirement is IELTS 5.5 for pre-masters programmes and IELTS 6.0 for other academic programmes.

If you require a visa to study in the UK, you will need to prove your English Language Level with a UKVI approved Secure English Language Test (SELT). The list of approved tests can be found here

On 17 April 2014, UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) announced the removal of TOEFL from the list of recognised Secure English language tests (SELTs). Applicants for courses at NQF Level 5 or below (HND and pre-sessional courses) who took a TOEFL test after 17 April 2014 are advised to seek an alternative English language test from the list here

Visa to the United Kingdom

If you are an international student (excluding individuals from the European Union and EEA) you will need to apply for a Tier 4 VISA.

When to Apply?

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa.

Before You Apply, You Must:

 Read policy guidance for Tier 4 students. Click here for Points-Based Calculator.

 Prepare the Supporting Documents That You Will Need

 Be Ready to Enrol Your Fingerprints and Photograph (Biometric Information) at Our Visa Application Centre

 Be Able to Pay the Visa Application Fee, Our Visa Application Fees and Guides Page Explains How Much Your Visa Application Will Cost


EdUkation & Immigration Solutions strongly recommends that you take out insurance cover for your own financial and personal security. Many companies offer insurance policies specifically designed for overseas students studying in the UK. These policies should cover:

 Emergency Medical Expenses


 Cancellation or Curtailment Charges


 Personal Money, Passport, and Documents

 Course Fees

 Legal Expenses

If you will be studying on a short course of up to six months, you must take out insurance to cover your medical expenses, as you will not be eligible for free NHS medical treatment.

Call or email the team at EdUkation & Immigration Solutions today, to discuss securing your UK Visa and English language qualifications.

Get In Touch