English Language Requirements

A Pathway to Education and Growth

Assistance with English Language Qualifications and Courses

Improve your English by gaining an Internationally recognised qualification. All applicants are required to gain an internationally recognised English language qualification before entering an undergraduate or postgraduate programme, such as IELTS or TOEFL. As a guideline, the minimum IELTS requirement is IELTS 5.5 for pre-masters programmes and IELTS 6.0 for other academic programmes. Contact us today to enquire about what English language courses are available.

Approved Tests

If you require a visa to study in the UK, you will need to prove your English Language Level with a UKVI-approved Secure English Language Test (SELT). The list of approved tests can be found here


On 17 April 2014, the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) announced the removal of TOEFL from the list of recognised Secure English language tests (SELTs). Applicants for courses at NQF Level 5 or below (e.g., HND and pre-sessional courses) who took a TOEFL test after 17 April 2014 are advised to seek an alternative English language test from the list here.

Visas to the United Kingdom

Visas to the United Kingdom

If you are an international student (excluding individuals from the European Union and EEA) you will need to apply for a Tier 4 VISA.

When to Apply?

When to Apply?

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. We strongly advise you not to confirm your travel arrangements until you have received your visa.

Before You Apply, You Must:

  • Read Policy Guidance for Tier 4 Students
  • Points-Based Calculator | UK Home Office
  • Prepare the Supporting Documents That You Will Need
  • Be Ready to Enrol Your Fingerprints and Photograph (Biometric Information) at Our Visa Application Centre
  • Be Able to Pay the Visa Application Fee, Our Visa Application Fees and Guides Page Explains How Much Your Visa Application Will Cost


EdUkation & Immigration Solutions strongly recommends that you take out insurance coverage for your own financial and personal security. Many companies offer insurance policies specifically designed for overseas students studying in the UK. These policies should cover:


  • Emergency Medical Expenses

  • Repatriation

  • Cancellation or Curtailment Charges

  • Baggage

  • Personal Money, Passport, and Documents

  • Course Fees

  • Legal Expenses

If you will be studying on a short course of up to six months, you must take out insurance to cover your medical expenses, as you will not be eligible for free NHS medical treatment.

Delivering English Language Courses

Students may require an English language qualification or course to study in the UK.

Find out More